To get general operations data from around the farm to the farmer in a useable format.
To give farmers more relevant, detailed information, in a useful format, for enhanced decision making.
- Deploying a range of 5G (NB-IoT) sensors around the farms (including cow tags, soil sensors and on tractors).
- Partnering with Vodafone Group to collect data every few minutes from these sensors using 5G (NB-IoT) from around the farm.
- Working with a fast growing agri-software company to integrate data from these sensors into a farm software platform; making the data useful and relevant for the farmer.
To get farm image data back to the farmer up to 20x quicker than at present.
To reduce the cost of flying drones and prove that we can transfer images live from flying drones using 5G.
- Integrating a 5G modem into a drone to send live images back to a server in the field over 5G
- Working with a leading UK agri-drone software company to upload the data and create insights which are relevant for the farmer.
To get images from a camera back to the farmer in the parlour in a relevant format.
To reduce the amount of time cattle spend unwell and improve health by detecting injuries early.
- Integrating a 5G modem into a standard CCTV camera and deploying in the parlour.
- Working with a new cow camera AI software company to translate the images of cattle into useful measures for the farmer.
To bring together historic database of water data by transferring information regularly across 5G.
To give the farmer detailed information about changes in water parameters over time and to correlate this with other data to optimise production methods.
- Deploy acoustic sensors from a leading industry provider at farm site to measure parameters such as chlorophyll, dissolved oxygen and temperature.
- Send this data from a hub site over the 5G network into the software platform provided by the leading industry provider.
- Work with other industry partners to provide further insights from this data for the industry.
To deploy a self-contained underwater camera which can feed images back over 5G for AI analysis by a leading university.
To provide completely new insights into seaweed growth rates and biofouling levels and correlate with other data to provide useful information for deploying new aquaculture operations.
- Working with a disruptive tech company to deploy a self-powered underwater camera and which sends image data over 5G.
- Working with a leading university to create new analysis of these images and others to correlate data for new insights into underwater activity.
To send live data from a robot and automate some robotic processes.
To prove that robots can be deployed in ways which are more cost effective, environmentally friendly and automated, even in a field.
- Working with our new project partner, The Small Robot Company, to deploy robots into the field in order to take detailed pictures of plants and the soil.
- Sending image and control data over 5G back from the robot to a ‘kennel’ (or server) in the field for on-farm processing.
- Create maps from the images and potentially deploy another robot to complete weeding activities.